To read more books and articles by Michael S. Okun MD check on Twitter @MichaelOkun and these websites with blogs and information on his books and http://parkinsonsecrets.com/ #Livingwith Parkinson’s #EndingPD #Parkinsonsecrets #LessonsFromTheBedside
He also serves as the Medical Advisor for the Parkinson’s Foundation.
To see more on Dr. Indu Subramanian she does live interviews of experts in Parkinson’s for the PMD Alliance.
The blog artist is Jonny Acheson.
1. AAMC. Medical Student Education: Debt, Costs, and Loan Repayment Fact Card for the Class of 2020 2020. Available from: https://store.aamc.org/downloadable/download/sample/sample_id/374/.
2. Grischkan J, George BP, Chaiyachati K, Friedman AB, Dorsey ER, Asch DA. Distribution of Medical Education Debt by Specialty, 2010-2016. JAMA internal medicine. 2017;177(10):1532-5.
3. Gutmann L, Cahill C, Jordan JT. Characteristics of graduating US allopathic medical students pursuing a career in neurology. 2019;92(17):e2051-e63.
4. Grayson MS, Newton DA, Thompson LF. Payback time: the associations of debt and income with medical student career choice. Medical education. 2012;46(10):983-91.
5. West CP, Shanafelt TD, Kolars JC. Quality of life, burnout, educational debt, and medical knowledge among internal medicine residents. Jama. 2011;306(9):952-60.
6. Collier VU, McCue JD, Markus A, Smith L. Stress in medical residency: status quo after a decade of reform? Annals of internal medicine. 2002;136(5):384-90.
7. Rohlfing J, Navarro R, Maniya OZ, Hughes BD, Rogalsky DK. Medical student debt and major life choices other than specialty. Medical education online. 2014;19:25603.
8. AAN. Neurology Compensation and Productivity Report: 2019 Executive Summary 2020 [cited May 29, 2021]. Available from: https://www.aan.com/siteassets/home-page/tools-and-resources/practicing-neurologist–administrators/benchmarking-data/neurology-compensation–productivity/19-neurocompprod-execsummary-v307.pdf.
9. Doherty MJ, Schneider AT, Tirschwell DL. Will neurology residents with large student loan debts become academicians? Neurology. 2002;58(3):495-7.
10. Marras C, Beck JC. Prevalence of Parkinson’s disease across North America. 2018;4:21.
11. Sacco RL. Neurology: Challenges, opportunities, and the way forward. Neurology. 2019;93(21):911-8.
12. Mahajan A, Davalos L, Schneider L, Bailey M, Khan J, London Z. The impact of student debt on neurological practice. Journal of the neurological sciences. 2021;427:117536.
This blog is for information purposes only. The content is not intended as medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Should you have a medical or dermatological problem, please consult with your physician. None of the information or recommendations on this website should be interpreted as medical advice.
All product reviews, recommendations, and references are based on the author’s personal experience and impressions using the products. All views and opinions are the author’s own.
This blog post may contain affiliate links. An affiliate link means we may earn a commission if you click on a link and make a purchase, without any extra cost to you.
Please see our Disclaimer for more information.