Parkinson

Living with young onset Parkinson’s: Finding Happiness with Parkinson’s

 Friday 11 June 2021

So I wrote a book based on this blog.

Despite penning 75,000 words, I couldn’t think of a snappy title, so I decided to call it simply what it’s about: Finding Happiness with Parkinson’s. You can find it on amazon.co.uk here and for other Amazon sites like amazon.com or amazon.ca, just search for the title.

Now approaching five years since diagnosis, I’m at a transition point in my life: soon to retire and take a leap into the new and fascinating world of neuroscience. I attended an introductory webinar to my forthcoming MSc course this week along with 50 other students from across the globe, and whilst the pre-reading list is a little daunting, I’m excited and I feel confident I’ve made the right decision.

More importantly, I feel like I’m finally in control and mentally prepared for the long haul, so now seemed like a natural time to bring the story together. Although the book is about 70% based on this blog, that still leaves 30% of new material. I hope it’s a worthwhile read.

Also, drum roll… I get to finally reveal my identity. As you can see from the book cover, I am not Steven or Steph, but Jodie Forbes and my wife is called Clare. Though all the other names, aside from the cat, remain anonymised.

For reasons I don’t fully understand, the email subscription service used by this blog is being decommissioned next month. So, if you subscribe, this may well be the last post that you automatically get by email, but I’ll endeavour to manually send out future posts to the current subscriber list.

Until then, enjoy the book if you decide to buy it. Profits will go to Parkinson’s charities.


Source Link


DISCLAIMER

This blog is for information purposes only. The content is not intended as medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Should you have a medical or dermatological problem, please consult with your physician. None of the information or recommendations on this website should be interpreted as medical advice.

All product reviews, recommendations, and references are based on the author’s personal experience and impressions using the products. All views and opinions are the author’s own.

This blog post may contain affiliate links. An affiliate link means we may earn a commission if you click on a link and make a purchase, without any extra cost to you.

Please see our Disclaimer for more information.

odiseases.com

diseases, diagnosis and treatment methods, drugs and their side effects on this site. online diseases, diagnosis and treatment methods

Related Articles

Back to top button
%d bloggers like this: