- 17 ounces angel food cake, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced vertically
- 1 pound fresh blueberries
- 4 or 5 quart trifle dish, for assembly (9×13 casserole dish works as well)
For the lemon syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
For the frosting
- 2 packages 8 ounce cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Make the lemon syrup:
- In a measuring cup, combine the water, sugar, and lemon juice and stir until sugar is dissolved. Set aside until needed
Make the frosting:
- Beat together 1 pound of cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar (with the whisk attached to your stand mixer) on medium speed until creamy and smooth, scraping the bowl a couple of times to help full incorporation of the sugar. With the mixer on low/medium speed, pour in 2 cups heavy cream then turn mixer to medium/high and continue beating until whipped and fluffy. Add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and beat until incorporated.
Assembling the trifle:
- Place 1/3 of your sliced angel food cake into the bottom of your trifle dish and brush with 1/3 of your lemon syrup. Add 1/3 of your frosting and loosely spread it over cake pieces. Add 1/2 of the sliced strawberries. Repeat with remaining ingredients (adding 1/2 of the blueberries for the second layer of fruit). Frost the top with the last 1/3 of cream and decorate with remaining fruit, using the remaining blueberries to make a star in the center and filling in the blank areas with the remaining strawberries.
- Serve & enjoy! If not serving immediately, store in refrigerator until time.
This blog is for information purposes only. The content is not intended as medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Should you have a medical or dermatological problem, please consult with your physician. None of the information or recommendations on this website should be interpreted as medical advice.
All product reviews, recommendations, and references are based on the author’s personal experience and impressions using the products. All views and opinions are the author’s own.
This blog post may contain affiliate links. An affiliate link means we may earn a commission if you click on a link and make a purchase, without any extra cost to you.
Please see our Disclaimer for more information.